What is important when choosing an agent to let through? Smart landlords want maximum returns on investment, minimum voids and no hassle.
Our landlords tell us they love having really happy tenants always paying on time. Any problems are always dealt with straight away.
What makes us different…
- We only choose tenants we would be happy living in our own home.
- Our vetting procedures are second to none – we are extremely thorough, we reference tenants AND guarantors eight different ways (credit bureau, current & previous employers, current & previous landlords, recent bank statements, proof of addresses and electoral roll).
- Our superb marketing and photography gets higher rent and faster lets, we always use pro photography, drone footage, video tours and floorplans.
- We review all rents annually for our landlords.
- We work alongside a solicitor who specialises in new letting legislation, making sure our landlords are protected.
- We inspect more frequently and try to sort our tenants’ problems first before bothering the landlord.
- We are also members of The Property Ombudsman.
- We are licensed with Rent Smart Wales
- We have Client Money Protection
- We like to deal with any problems rapidly before they escalate saving money for landlords.
- Harry Harper Sales and Lettings’ company owner, Benjamin Churchill, is always on hand overseeing all our tenancies.
You may be a private landlord who likes to manage his own property, or a busy person who wants his property professionally cared for and for all the aggravation to be dealt with by someone else, or maybe a professional investor landlord wanting to build his portfolio with the benefit of expert help, without having to be ‘hands on’. In each case our Professional Letting expert can assist you and make your life as a landlord much, much easier. For prompt personal attention please contact us without delay.
Some landlords who live hundreds of miles away ask us to supervise major works before letting, we can organise quotes for refurbishments, liaise with the landlord and get the property ready for letting.
Our 3 service levels suit any type of Landlord – whether you are a seasoned Landlord, or this is your first investment property we have a service that can work for you
- Advising as to the likely rental income
- Advertising and generally marketing the Property
- Interviewing prospective tenants and guarantors (where required) to include complete comprehensive referencing through a third party referencing company
- Carry out the relevant compliance checks
- Prepare and execute a legally bound tenancy agreement
- Hold and register the deposit
D.I.Y Package & Rent Collection Service (all of the above plus)
- Collect and distribute the rent of your behalf
- Arrears chasing if applicable
- HMRC compliant statements of account
- Contract renewal negotiation
- Rent increase negotiation
Silver Property Management (which includes the above)
- Arranging with service supplies (principally electricity, gas, water and council tax) a transfer of service with meter readings for occupation of the tenants.
- In-house property management – We are the first point of call for any maintenance issues
- Maintenance coordination via out vetted and insured contractors
- Detailed photographic inventory / condition of property report at check in
- Detailed photographic property inspections reports (where applicable)
- Detailed photographic property check our report
- End of tenancy deposit negotiation
Why Instruct Harry Harper Sales & Lettings?
We are independently owned by two dedicated property professionals who have been selling and letting properties in the Cardiff and surrounding areas for nearly 40 years. Harry Harper Sales & Lettings is our company so customer service is at the top of our list
- Licensed with RentSmartWales
- Award winning customer service
- Fully trained and qualified staff
- Award winning Lettings software
- Website designed by an award-winning tech company
- Available 7 days a week
- Easily accessible office with free parking
Book a Free Valuation
If you're contemplating renting out your property, arrange a free, no obligation valuation of your property at a time to suit you.Book Valuation
Rental Yield Calculator
Use our handy calculator to work out how much rental yield would be liable on letting your propertyCalculator
Our fees are competitively priced and come with a service you can't buy. Why not have a look at our fees before getting started.Landlord Fees